Hydra Publications is pleased to announce that we are once again open for submissions. Currently, Hydra Publications is looking for new speculative fictions titles. For romance publishing, please visit our affiliated imprint Stardust Romance. Submission requirements are:
- Manuscript must be 70,000 words or longer.
- Speculative fiction genres are all desired and include: thriller, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, dystopian, and all reasonable sub-genres thereof.
- Please submit a query letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the body of your email.
- Your query letter should include “Acquisitions” in the subject line of the email and be no more than 500 words including a brief synopsis of the manuscript, a brief overview of the author, and a history of other publications from the author.
- Please submit the first 3,000 words of your manuscript either in the body of your email. Please do not send any Dropbox or Google Drive links.
- Hydra Publications is interested in first rights publishing. We do not want to review any manuscripts of works which have been previously published in any format.
- Manuscripts are not expected to have been professionally edited, but the sample is expected to be relatively free of errors in order to showcase the author’s absolute best writing.
- If a full read of the manuscript is requested, you will be notified via email within 5 weeks. If you do not hear back regarding your manuscript within that time-frame, feel free to send another email to inquire as to your status.
Send all inquiries to Stuart@hydrapublications.com