Hydra Publications’ main imprint is currently open for submissions, especially LitRPG submissions. If your submission is LitRPG, please say so in the subject line.
- The manuscript must be 70,000 words or longer (we would like LitRPG to be closer to 100,000)
- Speculative fiction genres are all desired and include thriller, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, dystopian, and all reasonable sub-genres thereof. See below for LitRPG guidelines.
- Please submit a query letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the body of your email.
- Your query letter should include “Acquisitions” in the subject line of the email and be no more than 500 words including a brief synopsis of the manuscript, a brief overview of the author, and a history of other publications from the author.
- Please submit the first 3,000 words of your manuscript in the body of your email. Please do not send any Dropbox or Google Drive links.
- Hydra Publications is interested in first rights publishing. We do not want to review any manuscripts of works which have been previously published in any format.
- Manuscripts are not expected to have been professionally edited, but the sample is expected to be relatively free of errors in order to showcase the author’s absolute best writing.
- If a full read of the manuscript is requested, you will be notified via email within 5 weeks. If you do not hear back regarding your manuscript within that time-frame, feel free to send another email to inquire as to your status.
Hydra is actively seeking LitRPG of any type! If you have a LitRPG submission, please include your sub-genre in the subject line of your email to get access to immediate consideration. Subtypes include VR, no logout, sci-fi, fantasy, thriller, dungeon core, harem, crunchy, light, moba, portal fantasy, town builder, and LitFPS, among others.
Send all inquiries to HydraPublicationsLLC@gmail.com